Last updated: Monday, 13 March 2017
Optix Software Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the MySight App and optician branded derivatives, as well as the websites under the domain mysight.uk (“the app”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the app.
What personal information is collected?
We may collect and process your personal information, including:
· Your name
· Your date of birth
· Your telephone numbers (including mobile)
· Your email and residential address
· Your eye examination and test results
· Information provided by ‘Contact your Optician’ feature
· Information provided by the app ‘Developer Feedback’ feature
· Any other information voluntarily provided to us by you from time to time
How is this information used?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
· Informing you of your next due appointment or reminding you to book an appointment if you are overdue
· Responding to queries you may have
· Notifying you about changes to our products or services
· Helping us to improve and develop the products and services we offer
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, these people are required to keep any information confidential.
In addition, any information you transfer over the app is encrypted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to provide end-to-end encryption.
Unfortunately, no electronic system is completely secure and whilst we follow all best practices and endeavour to protect your information we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We are not responsible for the content of third-party optician websites that link to the app or for any data loss or damage that arises from use of such websites.
How can I update my personal information?
You have the option, once registered and confirmed by your optician, to update any personal information through the account pages of the app. You also have the option to contact your optician by email or phone to update such information.
Do you sell or transfer my personal information?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer any personally identifiable information to third parties.
What rights do I have?
Under UK data protection legislation, you have certain rights, including the option:
· To erase your personal information when:
o You withdraw consent to such information being stored
o The information collected is no longer relevant in relation to the original purpose it was collected for
· To rectify your personal information when it is inaccurate or not complete
· To access your personal information
How can I contact you?
If there are any queries in relation to this policy, you may contact us using the information below:
Optix Software Ltd,
+44 (0)1904 606606